• question-icon

Suggest treatment for partial meniscus tear

Posted on Tue, 25 Jul 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: What other imaging of joints can be done for people who can't have MRI. I have cochlear implants with magnets in them and need joint imagining for likely meniscus partial tear and possible hip labrial? Spell? Partial tear
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Ct scan or arthroscopy.

Detailed Answer:
If you cant have MRI then CT scan with contrast is an option for you. Otherwise a good clinical examination can also help in diagnosing the ligament tears to some extent.
The other option you have is arthroscopy in which a direct view of all the ligaments can be had.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon