Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

150 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for painful swelling in the ankle after injury

Answered by
Dr. Chander Mohan Singh

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :2003

Answered : 1041 Questions

Posted on Wed, 15 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: 4 days ago, I banged my the outside of my left ankle on the open end of a 3 inch pipe that was sitting on the floor in my garage. The left side of my ankle is now red and foot from the ankle to the toes is now swollen. I had enough pain initially that it was difficult to walk but that has diminished and I now have moderate pain and can walk. The swelling increases through the courses of the day but is still bearable. The pain and swelling seems to diminish slightly every day. What is the most likely diagnosis? If I have it x-rayed and there's a break, what can be done?
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pop or k wire.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

As you explained that you already had xray and fracture is present.

If I am your treating doctor I will advise you accordingly to the fracture I.e if fracture is undisplaced then pop cast application, if displaced then k wire fixation.

Nothing in between that.

So I advise you to have visit orthopedic surgeon and discuss all that with him.

Till than elevate the limb, don't walk.

Have tab.aceclofenac100mg+serratiopeptidase15mg thrice a day by prescription of your doctor as this medicine is not over the counter.

I hope your point is cleared.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 5 hours later
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome my friend.

Best of luck.

Enjoy the life.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on