Suggest treatment for lime green discharge from eyes

Pediatrician
Question
My 11 month old has a lime green discharge/ pus coming out of his eyes. It looks like it is coming from inside the eye down under the lower lid. Again it is doing this on both eyes.
Posted Sun, 17 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eyes

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I just read through your question. What you describe could be an infection in the eyes. This is usually not very serious and can be treated with either eye drops or antibiotic eye ointment. These treatments are given by prescription. I recommend consulting with your doctor (not an emergency) to both examine the eyes and prescribe the appropriate treatment plan.