Suggest treatment for hyper-extended biceps and bruises near the elbows

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: A couple years ago I was closing a valve on a sand trailer with my left arm and hyper extended my elbow. I had bruises on my biceps near the elbow on the inside of my arm and also on my forearm about 2 inches below my elbow. Now my biceps looks like it is bisected and doesn't look like my other bicept. It was painful at first, but I've always had full range of motion and the bruises went away.I wonder if a ligament went over top of my bicept? Is this something I should seek treatment for?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes,if the hyper-extended biceps differs from the other,see orthopedician..

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

I am sorry about the accident you had a couple of years ago.

You report to have hyper extended your elbow while you were closing a valve on a sand trailer. Now, you have noticed that your biceps is bisected, doesn't look like the other biceps although you have always had full range of motion and no bruises.

You can send a photo of the biceps on both of your arms so I can see the difference myself.

If there is change in the structure, then, I recommend to consult with orthopedic specialist and run X-ray to evaluate the changes and decide if you need surgical repair.

Hope this helps.
Dr.Albana