Suggest treatment for guinea worm disease
He doesn't have any other problems like diabetes, BP etc etc.
But, I just want to know more about this disease. As per google and few sources, i could make out that, there is no such treatment for this and worm has to get pulled out without breaking etc.
Is it non-curable? I am worried.
Pulling out the worm is the best method.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Based on your clinical history and current query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Pulling out the worm is usually the treatment of choice. Surgery is usually contraindicated.
2. Complications include ulceration, infection if non-sterile procedure is done. If around joints, risk of joint infection or physical impairment due to locked knees or joints can be present.
Hope it helps.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for liver cyst
- Suggest treatment for headaches
- Suggest treatment for anger and aggressiveness
- Suggested treatment of tuberculosis
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for incontinence
- Suggest treatment for uti when on treatment for dementia
- Suggest treatment for face swelling following dental treatment
- Suggest the treatment for tuberculosis of bones
- Suggest treatment for low fever with productive cough treatment