Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for foreign body ingestion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
sir my son 6 years old he was swallowed staple pin yesterday how to find where is in stomach. what is the treatment
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry Fireign body ingestion is common in children. Staples have blunt end so nothing to worry. It will pass in next 2or3stools. Give plenty of fluids,banana,green leafy vegetables. You can get him examined by pediatrician who will get anX Ray done to see location of pin. Hope this helps. Let me know of you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor