Suggest treatment for dysfunctional voiding in a child
My son who is 5 yrs old is not able to control urine for long . If he can't find a toilet nearby, he wets his pants.
He had a uti some time back which came to light when we got the urine routine done after consulting our pediatrician. He was given antibiotics based on the urine culture report. Later we got the usg of abdomen and MCU tests as well .
All the reports were normal. After the anti biotics course, the urine routine was repeated and this time there were no pus cells . Pediatrician said he's fine now .
Even after this we see that the child urinates frequently and some times can't control for much time and wets his pants . Please suggest how to overcome this problem.
Thanks for your queryat HCM.
I understand your concern. Your child is having dysfunctional voiding. Its common in children.
As child's USG & MCU are normal, nothing much to worry.
Behavioral intervention by parents can help your kid a lot to overcome dysfunctional voiding. If it still persists then meet a urologist for further evaluation
Get back to me if any query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for severe erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Suggest treatment for stomach ache in a child
- Suggest treatment for ear pain in a child
- Planning for a child suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for erection dysfunction
- Suggest natural treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a child
- Child with systemic mastocytosis suggest the treatment