Suggest treatment for coughing, thick mucus and stuffy nose
Suggestive of infection of the respiratory tract ??bronchitis.
Dear Ma am
Thanks for posting your query on HCM.
I appreciate your concern for your symptoms.
May I know since how long you have been having these symptoms and how often you have taking Ventolin inhaler for your asthma?
Do you have difficulty in breathing?
Do you get breathlessness while sleeping or doing exercise?
Do you have any other illness?
In view the symptoms listed in your query, I have the feeling that it could be a respiratory tract infection may be bronchitis.
A course of appropriate antibiotic like Amoxicillin+Clavulonic acid may be prescribed by your gp in case if you have an allergy to the above mentioned medication, Clarithyromycin is an alternate choice for the eradication of the infection.
Meanwhile continue to take Muscunex and Claritine which are effective in cough with thick mucus, take plenty of oral fluids.
Once your symptoms resolve, you may need to take Influenza vaccine every year to prevent the flu attack.
Hope these suggestions could be useful to you in getting treated for the suspected infection.
If you any doubt or need clarification, kindly feel free to send your query.
Wishing you a very good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for sinusitus and coughing
- Suggest treatment for severe coughing
- Suggest treatment for allergic cough
- Suggest treatment for sore throat with cough and runny nose
- Suggest treatment for productive cough
- What treatment is suggested for cough
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest treatment for wheezing cough
- What is the treatment for cough with mucus
- Suggest treatment for persistent cough