Suggest treatment for contact dermatitis around a wart like development on a toe

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Doctor

I have a wart or a corn on my left leg in between the middle finger and the finger to its left. While I was coming to Montenegro for my business travel, I had visited a dermatologist in XXXXXXX and he suggested that it can be a wart or a corn and to get it removed while I will be back from my travel.

While in Montenegro, the wart/corn was bothering me so I searched for some home remedies for treating it. I found common opinion to apply fresh garlic paste on it. I tried he same and probably the amount that I had applied was more than required and thus is has turned into blisters around the area of the corn/wart. It is causing a lot of problem in walking. Please suggest what should I do?
Tue, 29 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Topical steroid and antibiotic, anti inflammatory medicines

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and you seem to have developed irritant contact dermatitis to garlic.
You should apply a topical steroid and antibiotic combination like cortisone cream and neosporin ointment on the affected areas twice daily.
Also take anti inflammatory medicines like tablet ibuprofen.
This will help in settling the reaction.
Dr Asmeet