Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for burning in eyes

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 5709 Questions
My daughter's eyes are burning. She is continently blinking her eyes. She has tried eye drops and cold compresses. What else can she do?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: She can use antibiotic and artificial tear eyedrop Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer K, an Ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. Burning and irritation of the eyes is a non specific complaint and it is seen in a variety of conditions. Few common conditions are Dryness of the eyes Allergic conjunctivitis presence of foreign bodies like dust inside the eye. The initial treatment is by using artificial tear eye drops. If there is discharge from the eyes antibiotic eye drops are required. If there is associated itching of the eyes anti-allergic eye drops are required. Hence I advice to use artificial tear eye drops and antibiotic aye drops and if the burning of the eyes is not decreasing your daughter requires examination by a ophthalmologist to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly. Hope I have answered your questions and the information is helpful to you. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor