Suggest treatment for bump in skin after a fall

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I fell off of a stage and my left shin took the brunt of the fall. There was a portion of my shin that got scraped. I went to my doctor and he prescribed augmentum (sp?) for ten days to combat infection. My issue is that there is a large "goose egg" under that area that is small in the morning and gets bigger as the day goes by. Should I get an x-ray? my doctor wasn't worried. this has been over a week now though
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes.

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

Yes, you should get xray of affected part in AP and Lateral view and send me the report. I want to see the present condition of that area..

Swelling itself is an indication of xray.

I hope you have got your answer.

You are welcome to ask any health related query.

Thanks.

Dr.Singh.