Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for bump in skin after a fall

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 1041 Questions
I fell off of a stage and my left shin took the brunt of the fall. There was a portion of my shin that got scraped. I went to my doctor and he prescribed augmentum (sp?) for ten days to combat infection. My issue is that there is a large "goose egg" under that area that is small in the morning and gets bigger as the day goes by. Should I get an x-ray? my doctor wasn't worried. this has been over a week now though
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

I have read your query.

Yes, you should get xray of affected part in AP and Lateral view and send me the report. I want to see the present condition of that area..

Swelling itself is an indication of xray.

I hope you have got your answer.

You are welcome to ask any health related query.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor