Suggest treatment for bleeding gums

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi,when I wake up in the morning there is bloody mucus at the back of my throat and on my tongue,my gum bleed badly when I brush my teeth,can it be that my gum bleed while I am asleep? Help please!!
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possible from gums, but rule out other things too

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your question.
I read it carefully and I understand your concern.

-- It most probably is your gums. The most important thing to consider is a consultation with a dentist, who can examine your gums and teeth and treat what is needed.
-- It may also come from you bitting your tongue during night, but it wouldn't be every morning because the guess that you bite it every day is low.
-- Also, the dentist may check if there is any particular lesion in your mouth which can cause the bleeding.
-- I would not be worried about something related with the lungs or stomach if you don't have specific symptoms.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr.Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D