Suggest treatment for appetite loss in a child
Detailed explanation given
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXXXXX
It is important that you start introducing a variety of food in your toddler's diet gradually. These will provide the calories, proteins, vitamins and minerals that are essential for his growth. The amount of food eaten would vary from child to child and would also depend on when you introduce a particular food to your toddler. Most of the times it is "Try and Error" method. Lots of patience would be required from your end to find out what is that diet which tickles your toddlers tastebuds which also contains maximum nutrients. You need to try multiple ones and find which your child loves to eat amongst those. Initially it may be difficult from shifting to solid/semi-solid feed from milk based diet, continued perseverance and trying out what the baby likes is the key.
One recipe which the kid will like is as below
Ingredients needed: Ghee( 2 spoons), Whole wheat flour ( 2 spoons) , Pista( 50 gms), Cardomom ( 6 in number), Almonds( 50 gms), Khajur( Dried dates 50 gms), water/milk
In a pan pour 2 spoons of ghee, heat it, add 2 spoons of wheat flour (Atta), cook it till golden brown on low flame till its slightly golden in color. Add 2 Cups of water or Milk and keep stirring it continuously making a thin water paste( same like sira consistency). To this add powdered mixture of rest of ingredients grinded in mixer ( pista, almond, khajur, cardomom).
Supplement baby breakfast with this recipe, and also can be consumed at night when baby is hungry. In this way his quota for milk will also be fulfilled.
Other suggestions are
Contents: tomato -2, potato-1small, Onion - 1 small, Carrot-1 small.
Preperation: Wash all veggies properly peel potato, onion and carrot. Boil tomato in water for 5 to 6 mins sothat u can see the skin of tomato cracks. Now gently remove skin of tomato. Add tomato and the peeled veggies to a cooker with 1/2 a glass of water. Add pinch of salt and whistle the cooker for 2 to 3 times (veggies shud be cooked well). Now bring it to room temp and blend them in a mixer. Strain the contents to remove any lumps and now boil the soup with cinammon sticks (1or 2piece very small one) added to it. Boil it till it reaches the required consistency and then feed LO.
Note:You can add any veggie to make this soup including leafy veggies like spinach, amaranthus, cabbage etc.
2.Pumpkin: Take peeled pumpkin. dice the pumpkin and then presure cook it with little salt. mash well with hands and feed it along with rice or as such.
3.Gourds (any ashgourd, rich gourd etc etc): Make it finger size and then pressure cook it or boil in water till it becomes soft. You can either feed as a finger food or you can mash it and feed it along with rice or as such.
4. Boiled potatos and carrots. Pressure cook well and mash it with hands and add pinch of salt and feed baby as such.
5. Caramalised plums: Peel the plum. Put it on hot tawa and get it caramalised on both sides and then feed it mashed. Apple also u acn do the same way.
6. Poached pear: peel and pit the pear. Take 1/2 glass of water and add cinammon sticks, grated garlic, cloves etc and bring it to boil. Slip the pears into this boiling fluid and cook until its soft and the fluid is just about to disappear. Now remove all the sticks garlic cloves etc from the fluid and mash the pear in the same fluid and can feed the lo. Its really yumm. And for elders you can add sugar and honey while boiling which makes it a decent desert.
7.Avocado apple puree. Take avocado and peeled and diced apple in equal qty and grind well in blender. Directly feed the baby.
8.Banana: Ripened banana made to thin long slices. Heat tawa add little butter or olive oil and then saute the banana until its soft. mash and feed. If you wish you can add bit of sugar or honey to this
9.Oats and apple breakfast: ground oats and diec apple. Boil apples until its soft and add ground oats cook until oats is done and a yumm breakfast is raedy.
10.Daal : Cook daal in cooker with salt and curry leaves added to it. Mash it add few drops of ghee and u can feed it either with rice or as such.
11. Wheat Porridge/dalia/lapsi
12 Home made Ceralac
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.
Dr Deepak Kishore K
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pigmentation loss
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss when on cough medication
- Child with loss of appetite stomach problems need treatment
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss and uti
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss and flatulence
- Suggest treatment for stomach infection and appetite loss
- Suggest treatment for constipation in a child
- Suggest treatment for abdominal pain and appetite loss
- Suggest treatment for appetite loss due to emotional stress
- Suggest treatment for hair loss