Suggest treatment for acute toothache after skydiving

Dr. Rohit S Menon

Dentist

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Dental Health
Question: I am experiencing acute pain in several of my teeth. The pain started just after I completed a round of skydiving. How long does it take for pain to recede?
Answered by Dr. Rohit S Menon 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its normal pain...happens due to increased pressure in the teeth!!!

Detailed Answer:
Hiii XXXXXXX
First of all thanx for approaching Healthcaremagic for your query. Read through your query and I have to say that the pain in the teeth after skydiving is normal because in case of skydiving and deep sea diving the pressure inside the teeth(pulp chamber) increases which causes the bloodvessels inside the teeth to constrict and as a result pain comes due to compression of nerves inside the teeth. Nothing to be worried in these words I told the reason its just a usual case. It will reduce after one to two hours.If after that still pain occurs you can visit your nearby dentist. Besides all these stay calm and no need to get tensed. Happiness and cool mind can solve all the pain in life. Smile throughout the life. Hope I have answered your query. If you have more queries please be free to ask us as we are here to answer and solve your problems.
Dr Rohit S Menon

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad