Suggest treatment for acne and acne scars

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: 33F, suffering from pimples,acne marks and white heads all over the face . Combination skin ,t-zone oily. Had consulted dermatologist 1 month back suggested​ deriva cMS at night time and saslic face wash 1%.in addition I use aquafoiumcream daytime.but no improvement still pimples and marks,white heads are there...after medication started dry patches around eye area and light red rashes on face seen.Please suggest. Attaching photos also for your reference.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Remedy for acne

Detailed Answer:
Thank you gor writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist).
I have gone through your query and I have viewed the image.

You have comedones as well as inflammatory papules and nodules on face. If used together Saslic DS face wash and Deriva CMS gel can cause irritation which exactly seems to have happened in your case therefore I suggest you to discontinue saslic DS face wash and instead use Cetaphil gentle cleansing lotion for face wash, twice daily.

Discontinue all topical medications for 3 days. Use Flutivate cream, twice daily for 3 days on dry patches and rashes on face. This would help resolve irritation and redness. Thereafter use Nadoxin (Nadifloxacin 1%gel) for day time application on acne and Deriva CMS gel for night application.

You may also take an oral antiacne antibiotic e.g doxycycline (Microdox LBX 100mg, twice daily) since you also have inflammatory acne. To be taken after irritation is cleared.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj