Suggest the type of milk to be given for a 2 month old

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Child Health
Question: My baby is two months old,,I have to go office,which milk should I give him tetra pack or formula powder. His weight is 6.5 kg
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Expressed Breast milk is the best option.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

The milk contained in tetra pack or in formula pack is cow milk based and therefore neither easy to digest nor as per the nutritional requirements of the baby. Breast milk is the best possible feed for the baby. You can express it and store on the door of the refrigerator if it is to be given within 24 hours. Alternatively it can be collected and frozen and stored for as long as 6 months. But once thawed, it has to be consumed in less than 24 hours.

If you feel that expressed breast milk is inadequate, there are many baby formulas which have certain substances added and removed to make it more like human mother's milk. So, baby formula appropriate for age is to be given if expressed breast milk is inadequate.