Suggest some steroids to accelerate healing during shoulder surgery recovery
Steroids are used only if necessary.
Thanks for posting your query.
Steroids do not help in healing. They only reduce the swelling and inflammation. But it is better to avoid having them after the surgery as it lowers the body immunity and makes you more prone to infections post surgically and it also weakens the strength of ligaments and tendons that are healing. Let your surgeon decide if these are needed or not.
I hope this answers your query.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Therapy chair for shoulder surgery
- Bursa shoulder surgery
- Microscopic shoulder surgery
- Shoulder surgery and body odor
- Done mri had shoulder surgery suggestions
- Ice pack for shoulder surgery
- Frozen shoulder surgery recovery
- Frozen shoulder surgery
- Laparoscopic shoulder surgery
- Why would heart stop during shoulder surgery