Suggest remedy for sharp stabbing pain in shoulder

Dr. Muhammad Hanif

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I heard @ felt a pop in my right shoulder
while pushing on an extremely heavy object.Since that time I've had extreme pain on the top of my shoulder. It's not constant but a sharp stabbing pain mostly when I'm idle are trying to sleep. What's my most likely diagnoses and how can I treat it?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is due to inflammation of the shoulder 'rotator cuff' !!!

Detailed Answer:
Dr. Hanif warmly Welcomes you!

Thanks for consulting at my virtual clinic. I have carefully worked through your case, and I can realize your health worries. Being your physician, I assure you not to worry as I will take care all of your medical concerns.

Most probably:-
Injury to the rotator cuff (the shoulder joint and its associated tendons and ligaments and muscles). Due to the forceful physical injury there is inflammation of the Rotator cuff.

Management:-
No heavy works.
Immobilization with a shoulder/elbow sling.
Apply Bengay Ultrastretch Gel and massage gently on painful areas.
Take the drug of choice given in such cases 'Ibuprofen' 600mg three times a day for a week.
Apply ThermaCare HeatWraps on the shoulder areas. It will magically provide heat to the deeper structures of the rotator cuff and will also remove the muscular spasm of the shoulder muscles. Also apply it to the back of the shoulder joint for complete cover.
Keep a balanced healthy diet and take plenty of water.

You will feel getting better in no time.
Hope I answered all of your health concerns . If you have further questions, feel free to contact me anytime. Always write my name in start of your question in future, and I will get back to you in no time. If satisfied, please give your generous 'five Star rating' and don't forget to 'Close the discussion'.

Have a wonderful time ahead.

Best Regards!
DR. HANIF
USA

Click the link to open my profile. Click 'Ask Me a Question' anytime for super fast expert medical help!!!
https://www.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-muhammad-hanif/70199

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina