question-icon

Suggest remedy for red bump on inner cheek

Posted on Fri, 20 May 2016
Question: I was eating candy today and suddenly I felt a bump in the inside of cheek, when took a picture of it, I found that its a red bump. Its painless which is what is scaring me, I dont think I felt that bump before, I only felt it in the last couple of mins. I am scare as to what it could be.
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Cheekbite while eating candy.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

1. This looks like a cheek bite while eating candy. There are two lesions. One above looks inflamed and white (due to action of saliva). The lower one is a bleb with blood in it.

2. These look recent. Probably both sides of a cheek bite where the middle area is where the cheek folded (bitten on two sides of a fold).

3. This should heal within a few days.

4. Get this examined by a local doctor or dentist. Get your coagulogram done.

5. This should not require any active management. An anti-inflammatory medication and a local analgesic ,antiseptic gel should suffice.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any more questions I will be available to answer them.

Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Sumit Bhatti

Otolaryngologist / ENT Specialist