Suggest remedy for hyperactivity in infants

Dr. Archana Verma

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 27 Oct 2015 in Child Health
Question: Hello, my healthy 8 month old grandson is in constant motion in his waking hours. He seems happy most of the time but he never relaxes. His parents argue in front of him but otherwise are good parents. Could his hyperactivity be connected to the conflict in the home?
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The hyperactivity is very unlikely due to conflicts at this age

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to the HCM

I completely understand your concerns but don't worry. Most kids starts there crawling in this age and found to be more active than their earlier stage. It's just due to the eagerness and unlikely due to conflicts in family. If he is developmentally appropriate for his age and gaining weight then there is no need to worry.

But at the same time, it's also important to understand that child's psychosocial development needs a good family environment. So, try to avoid any conflicts especially in front of the child. Children from healthy families always grow better than the ones from disputed families.

Hopefully this will help you.
Follow up: Dr. Archana Verma 13 minutes later
Thanks. He does seem a bit delayed in his motor skills. He is just now beginning to sit independently and is not crawling yet. His mind seems to be sharp and has good dexterity. Is this within normal range?
Answered by Dr. Archana Verma 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Its within the normal range

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Babies show wide variations in the milestone achievement. Some babies may take up to 1 year to crawl and stand with support. It's perfectly normal.
Your baby seems to be good developmentally by the description you provided. Hopefully he will start crawling in the next 1-2 months.