Suggest remedy for discomfort and pressure along the line of carotid
It is unlikely to be a recurrence of the stenosis. Get Color Doppler done.
I presume you had undergone a Carotid Endarterectomy to remove plaque from your Carotid artery which was causing narrowing or stenosis.
Discomfort along the line of the Carotid is most likely not suggestive of any Carotid disease or recurrence. Symptoms of recurrence are usually in the form of transient limb weakness(TIAs) or vision abnormalities.
However, there could be other reasons for the pain like scarring or lymph node swellings, etc.
I suggest you contact your GP and get a Doppler Ultrasound done for the Carotid arteries. This will give objective evidence of the status of the artery as well as any problems in the area superficial to the artery.
But, I do not think there is anything to worry about.
Therefore, relax but do get the test done to evaluate the problem.
Dr Rishi, New XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Branches of the carotid
- Lump in the carotid
- Suggest treatment for carotid artery stenosis
- Blockage in left carotid arterydifficult in surgery suggestion
- Red splotches along carotid arteries in neck
- Endocardiogram carotid
- Can goiters put pressure on carotid artery
- Suggest treatment for tumor on right carotid artery in neck
- Swollen carotid causes
- Plague carotid artery alzheimers