Suggest remedies for tooth pain post a root canal treatment
Loose cap is not normal and it needs to be corrected..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
So sorry to hear about your problem and will try my level best to resolve it..
As per your query, in case if the cap placed on your root canal treated tooth is loose, it is not a normal finding as the cap is ideally firmly attached or glued to the tooth using dental cements..
Secondly the pain in the tooth is also due to improper and premature contact of the capped tooth with the opposite jaw tooth and it needs to be corrected for relief from pain and proper functioning of the tooth..
You need not to worry, as you do not need removal of the tooth..
Consult your treating dentist and get evaluated and he can remove the existing cap and if the size and fit of the cap is perfect then you need to get it
re-cemented over the tooth and the bite will be adjusted accordingly, so that it will not become loose and you will be able to chew from it..
If the fit of the cap is not correct a new cap has to be fabricated and cemented..
Any further queries are welcome..
Hope this information helps..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Does tooth pain mean root canal
- Pain after root canal treatment
- Root canal tooth pain
- Tooth ache after root canal treatment
- Tooth pain root canal after septoplasty
- Pain following root canal treatment
- Suggest medication to control pain post root canal treatment
- Tooth pain following root canal
- Is root canal treatment painful
- Is root canal treatment good for tooth pain