Suggest remedies for painful irritation in the intergluteal cleft

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
I had developed an irritation between my buttocks fold close to sacral area,is red,painful and itchy...I hava a history of hemorroids,rectal fissure but is ok now.I started to use Calmoseptine tonight.No major medical illness No meds except antihistamic
Mon, 21 May 2018 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible pylonidal sinus

Detailed Answer:
HI and welcome. This sounds to me like pylonidal sinus and this is inflamed glands in intergluteal area. This is treated with small surgical procedure called sinus excision and this is permanent solution. Otherwise, it can be treated with local antibiotics and hygiene if there is no significant inflammation. WISH you good health. Regards