Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

Suggest remedies for lack of appetite in an infant

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1797 Questions
My son is 6 months 10 days old . Have started apple puree in the morning. I give half apple puree now to my son. But, he gets hungry again in 15 minutes and demand feeding . Is this normal or should i increase apple puree quantity.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better to give some cereals along with

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on this platform

If he demands more you can give. But again you have to observe whether baby is tolerating well or not as you have just started the feed.
You can also give cereal like rice water and pulses like dal water along with Apple puree. Mashed potato can also be given.
Start items one by one after(mainly for cereals) at an interval of 3-4 days so that you can notice if baby is intolerant to any particular food item. It is better to give wheat in last.
Continue breast feed on demand.
There can be mild change in bowel pattern like increase in frequency of stool but you need not to worry unless it is significant.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor