Suggest remedies for infertility when diagnosed with damaged fallopian tubes

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 25 Aug 2016 in Infertility Problem
Question: i have another question if my falliopian tubes are messed up is ivf the only option to have kids?
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
If both the fallopian tubes are damaged, IVF is advisable.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Dr. Purushottm Neurgaonkar welcomes you to HCM VIRTUAL CLINIC. I have gone through your question, and I think I have understood your concern. I will suggest you the best possible treatment options.

1 ) As per your query, if your both the fallopian tubes are not in a healthy, working condition, you need to opt for IVF to conceive.

2 ) As you must be aware that the union of egg and sperms occurs in the fallopian tubes. So if tubes are not in a condition of performing this function, you need to opt for IVF.

3 ) Even before taking the decision of IVF, I will suggest you to get counselled about it from the IVF consultant.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad