Suggest remedies for constipation
would be best to discontinue all laxatives- cause chronic constipation
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
It is understandable to use laxatives to try to help with bowel movements but in the long run, they are not advised because they actually eventually worsen constipation.
They stop the bowel from working on its own. Laxatives are the used once ever so often ( once a month or less if possible).
You can search and see that they are listed as a cause of constipation.
It would be best to stop and only use when absolutely necessary.
Treatment to help with bowel movements: (1) fluids- very important - 8 to 10 glasses of fluid daily.
This does not include alcohol or any caffeine products because these promote fluid loss
(2)activity- physical activity also helps as well
(3)fiber, fiber and more fiber- this means at least 5 servings of fruits and vegetables
Whole grain foods
Fiber supplement may also be helpful as well- this includes miralex, benefiber, cetrucil
These supplements ensure adequate fiber intake which would be helpful with movements
(4)probiotics may also be useful for you as well
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural remedies for severe constipation
- Babies constipation remedies
- Imodium constipation remedies
- Adderall remedy for constipation
- Toddler constipation remedies
- Natural remedies for constipation
- Suggest remedy for constipation when having piles
- Suggest remedy for hard stool due to constipation
- Severe constipation in toddlers remedies
- Propafenone constipation remedies