question-icon

Suggest remedies for accidental overdose of Rimadyl

default
Posted on Wed, 1 Mar 2017
Question: My 10 yr old 93 lb lab was on rimadyl 75 mg bid for 3 days. He had his last dose yesterday. I just found the empty bottle which had 14 pills. I don't know when he got hold of them. HE ATE DINNER AND HASNT VOMITED. SHOULD I TAKE HIM TO ER OR CAN HE WAIT UNTIL THE AM? YYYY@YYYY








YYYY@YYYY
doctor
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
Wait until AM!

Detailed Answer:
Hi,

I have reviewed this information fully and I will suggest that you monitor him only at this time. Only take him to the hospital If he develops any worrisome signs such as abdominal pains, dark stools or bloody stools. If none of these happen, then all is fine.

In all, keep an eye on him for any warning signs and seek consultation if that happens.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up and ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Keep me updated with his state.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
doctor
Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 6318 Questions

premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Suggest remedies for accidental overdose of Rimadyl

Brief Answer: Wait until AM! Detailed Answer: Hi, I have reviewed this information fully and I will suggest that you monitor him only at this time. Only take him to the hospital If he develops any worrisome signs such as abdominal pains, dark stools or bloody stools. If none of these happen, then all is fine. In all, keep an eye on him for any warning signs and seek consultation if that happens. I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up and ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Keep me updated with his state.