Suggest effective medicines to increase height

Question
hi,
I am XXXXXX my height is 5.3 inch my husband height is 5.10 inch , I have a daughter she is 18years old and her height is less than 5 feet ie 4.9inch ,I am very worried , can her height grow?please suggest me some effective medicine ,I would be greateful for your help.

Posted Thu, 7 Aug 2014 in Weight & Lifestyle

Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely to improve further...

Detailed Answer:

Height of an individual changes only until long (limb) bones grow. Since the limb bone ceases to grow further beyond 18 years, it is beyond impossible to grow taller than what it is at 18 years now. Though spine grows can continue to grow for few more years, it hardly contributes to height increments. So there are no products / medications that will effectively increase your or your daughter's height now.

There have been only few cases where people have gone for surgical means (ilizarov's procedure) to increase height. Honestly apart from this surgical technique which is quite complicated, none of the other conservative medicines increase body height.

Moreover your daughter seems to have achieved more than the mid parental predicted height, which is wonderful and good. So do not be worried about her. She should have a healthy life ahead.

Hope this helped. If you have any other concerns, please let me know.