Suggest dosage of Azee and Dolo for a child

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician

Posted on Wed, 6 Jun 2018 in Child Health
Question: Dear Doctor, My son is having cough, throat congested and nasal block problem along with high fever + chills. He is 7 yrs old and weight is 44 kgs.
Fever is due to flu ( most probably ) and it is 3rd day. Temp was 103 deg in the begining and coming back every after 2-3 hours.
Today the temp was 101 deg at morning and the fever has not yet come back (after 11 hours).
Today Doctor has prescribed Azee 500mg. once per day for 3 days. And Dolo 500mg, when fever is above 100 deg. Kindly suggest whether the dosage and medicines are ok for 7 yrs old boy.
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dose is proper

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

The dose of medicines is proper for a 44 kg boy (irrespective of age). You need not worry. Also make him gurgle with lukewarm water.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad