Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
185 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest diet for 6 month old baby

Answered by
Dr. Synthyia Bhagat


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 1444 Questions

Posted on Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Question: Hi Doc , My Baby is 6 month old , till now she is on mother feed . Kindly suggest some external food for her as my wife is planning to join office . what is the suggested volume of milk for one feed .
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for query. I understand your concern. I must appreciate that your baby is exclusively breast fed till now. Now complementary feed needs to be given. Give rice water,dal water ,mashed banana,boiled XXXXXXX Then you can add cereals as well. One thing is to be started at one time ans repeat same thing for atleast 5days before adding another one. Regarding milk,mothers milk can be expressed and stored till she is office and can be given with spoon and katori. It can be stored at room temperature for 8hours and in fridge for 24 hours. At one time 150to 200ml can be given. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help you further. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on