Suggest appropriate diet to lose 25 lbs

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Mon, 23 Jul 2018 in Weight & Lifestyle
Question: Good morning Dr.s
question is more about nutrition than it is about medical

with all of the different books and internet and youtube on various diets, these leads me to a lot of confusion about proper nutrition to lose weight.
I am a muscualr man that needs to lose about 20 to 25 lbs to be at my optimal weight of 180-190lbs.
i have tried numerous types of diets and nothing seems to work, i have tried 1 or 2 meals per day, i have tried 3 to 5 meals per day, i have tried protein ony, i have tried carbs only and nothing seems to work.
also, how can i find a proper nutritionist that may be able to help
thx, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
a difficult problem

Detailed Answer:
For overall health a vegan diet is probably the healthiest one but is difficult for many people to maintain.
However, when trying to lose weight cutting back on carbs and getting adequate exercise is the most important.
If you would be willing to see a nutritionist this would give you the best chance of finding a diet for you that will result in sustained weight loss.
Here is a source in your area that could help you with a nutrition plan

http://palmbeach.floridahealth.gov/programs-and-services/clinical-and-nutrition-services/nutrition/index.html

If this does not work for you then try to find a private nutritionist to help you. For now start a food diary, writing down everything you eat and drink each day and how much exercise you are doing.
Take this with you to see the nutritionist.
I wish you the best,
Dr. Robinson