Suggest a suitable sleeping position for a person with pleural effusion

Question

Please recommend a suitable sleeping position for a person having pleural effusion ?
Wed, 25 Apr 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lateral position

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. A number of factors need to be kept in consideration while answering your query. The details like size, side and whether loculated needs to be considered. A lateral position with the affected side lying on the lower side is preferable so that the effusion does not press upon the aereated side.

Let me know if I could help further.