Suggest a permanent alternative to the conventional hearing aid for sensory neural hearing loss
I have a little hearing problem and I consulted a doctor in XXXXXXX for the same in 2013. As he suggested, I followed medication some days but I couldn't see much progress in hearing ability. He also suggested to have hearing aid if needed. I didn't take it immediately but I felt its needed when I was joining in my first job of IT sector in the same year. I was using hearing aid from then (March, 2013) to till now. But my concern now is, can't I get any permanent solution instead of using the aid for my problem. I am using it in office hours only as out side I feel better in hearing.
So I wanted to find any other alternative I can solve this problem permanently. As per previous consultation, it's because of Nerves problem.
Thanks for putting up the query
In case of sensory neural hearing loss, alternative to conventional hearing aids is a bone anchored hearing aid or a cochlear implant surgery.
Please send me the audiometry report so that I can suggest you better.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Permanent hearing loss ear infection
- Suggest treatment for sudden hearing loss coupled with vertigo
- Suggest treatment for hearing loss
- Bilateral sensory hearing loss
- Suggest hearing aid for hearing loss due to meningitis
- Dizziness hearing loss no diabetes or blood pressure suggestions
- Neural hearing loss bilateral
- Hearing loss from topamax permanent
- Mixed hearing loss using hearing aids suggestions
- Sensory hearing loss unilateral
- What causes pulsatile tinnitus?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue, mild headache and tightness in the chest
- Suggest remedies for metallic taste in the mouth
- Suggest treatment for breathing difficulty in an asthma patient
- How can a cyst below the tonsil be treated?
- Suggest treatment for mouth ulcers
- What causes blood in sputum when diagnosed with TB?
- Is HIV 4th generation test done three weeks after exposure conclusive?
- Can cerumen cause tinnitus?
- Is inhaling plastic fumes harmful?