question-icon

Suggest a permanent alternative to the conventional hearing aid for sensory neural hearing loss

Posted on Thu, 23 Aug 2018
Question: Hi Doctor,

I have a little hearing problem and I consulted a doctor in XXXXXXX for the same in 2013. As he suggested, I followed medication some days but I couldn't see much progress in hearing ability. He also suggested to have hearing aid if needed. I didn't take it immediately but I felt its needed when I was joining in my first job of IT sector in the same year. I was using hearing aid from then (March, 2013) to till now. But my concern now is, can't I get any permanent solution instead of using the aid for my problem. I am using it in office hours only as out side I feel better in hearing.
So I wanted to find any other alternative I can solve this problem permanently. As per previous consultation, it's because of Nerves problem.

thanks, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal (19 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Hearing loss

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for putting up the query
In case of sensory neural hearing loss, alternative to conventional hearing aids is a bone anchored hearing aid or a cochlear implant surgery.
Please send me the audiometry report so that I can suggest you better.
Hope I have answered your query.

Take care,
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist