Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Suffering from reoccurring nephrotic syndrome. Suggest some effective treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 1827 Questions
my daughter is suffring from nephorotic syndrome
she fully recovered but the problume is repeting again and again
kindly advise
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later

Thanks for the query.

I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I would be answering your question.
Nephrotic syndrome is a disease of kidneys where there is excess loss of protein through urine leading to symptoms like distension of the abdomen and swelling of the legs and puffiness of the face.

Nephrotic syndrome can occur due to a number of different conditions.

In children, it is most often due to Minimal Change disease. Nephrotic syndrome is usually treated with steroids and the MCD type responds well to steroids.

But there are many sub types of MCD like -
1. Steroid sensitive nephrotic syndrome
2. Steroid resistant nephrotic syndrome
3. Steroid dependent nephrotic syndrome
4. Frequent relapse nephrotic syndrome

Relapse of nephrotic syndrome is very common is children and can occur in up to 60% of children with nephrotic syndrome.
Your daughter is probably having a relapse. If there is frequent relapse, the treatment is lightly modified.
You need to discuss about relapse with her nephrologist/pediatrician.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly accept the answer and rate this service.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suffering from reoccurring nephrotic syndrome. Suggest some effective treatment? 1 hour later

I am realy thankfull to you and XXXXXXX

I want to have a telephonic talk if possible
as the responce is incompleted...

kindly help..
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 5 hours later

If you have any more questions / doubts, you are free to post them here. I will get back to you with helpful answers.

Dr.Ratnakar Kini
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor