Suffering from pimples. What treatment should be done?
Thanks for your question.
Although the exact treatment of pimples depends on how severe the problem is, the following measures will definitely help:
a. Wash your fact once or twice daily with salicylic acid soap ( available as Acnelak) and water. This is to remove excess oil from the skin. After washing your face, use an oil free moisturizer.
b. Don’t scrub as this worsens your acne.
c. Apply Benzaclin ointment in the day time. This will help treat the pimples
d. At night, apply 0.1% adapalene gel on the whole face. Dont apply in the day time as this can react with the sun and cause a reaction. This would cause some dryness and redness but this would gradually become better over a period of time.
e. If it still does not become better, please see a dermatologist for a prescription of oral antibiotics like doxycycline, azithromycin etc.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish you a speedy recovery
Dr Sourav Ganguly
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are the treatments for pimples and acne
- What treatment should i take for pimple scars
- What treatment should be taken for pimples
- Suffering from pimples what treatment should be done
- Suffering from acne and pimples treatment
- What is the treatment for pimples
- What treatment should one take for pimples
- What are the treatments for pimples in face
- What is the treatment for pimple on penis
- Having pimple problem what treatment should be done