Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Suffering from erectile dysfunction. What should I do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
I am getting married in a month. i have been masturbating alot since childhood. i am 26 now.
i have a slight fear that my erection is not strong enough. what should i do ?
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 25 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The masturbation is not a harmful act.
It is totally harmless but still lots of myths and misconceptions surround this topic, mainly because the unscientific streams of medicine have publicised this notion in the minds of lay public very deeply.
Actually semen is a body secretion and not a very precious fluid having vigour and vitality as is traditionally understood.
Your habit of masturbation would not affect your sexual life and the sexual performance would be the same as without masturbation habit.
You should not have this idea in your mind because that can cause unnecessary anxiety.
Masturbation can cause problem if you consider it harmful and develop anxiety unduly.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor