So a girl gave me scabies right before Thanksgiving I

Diabetologist
Question
So a girl gave me scabies right before Thanksgiving I went to the pet store and got Permethrin and Ivermectin. He doesn't seem to be working. If I go see a doctor is there something stronger they can give me to get rid of these things. It's getting to me very emotionally
Sat, 3 Feb 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Meet a doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.

There are few aspects to the query.

1. Is it scabies? If the treatment ain't working, the first thing to review is the diagnosis. Are you sure it's scabies? Because from the query, I didn't think that you met a doctor in the first place.

2. Although these medications kill the mites thst cause scabies promptly, you may find that the itching doesn't stop entirely for several weeks.

3. Doctors may prescribe other topical medications, such as sulfur compounded in petrolatum, for people who don't respond to or can't use these medications. So yes, meeting a doctor will be a good idea.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/scabies/diagnosis-treatment/drc-0000
This link may be informative.

I have tried to make it as simple as possible.
Feel free to contact me on the subject for more information.
Best wishes.
Dr Saumya Mittal