Right jaw pain occurred yesterday while eating at 5 pm

Dr. Rohit S Menon

Dentist

Posted on Fri, 25 Jan 2019 in Dental Health
Question: Right jaw pain occurred yesterday while eating at 5 pm
I had eaten earlier around 3 pm with no issues
This morning it is sore and affecting ability to open mouth
Answered by Dr. Rohit S Menon 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a tooth fracture??

Detailed Answer:
Hello..First of all thank you for approaching us for your query. I read through your query and I must say that there is nothing to worry in this case. Right jaw pain can be due to sudden bite on that side with some hard substance(some stone in rice or some bone in meat). It can be due to either fracture of some tooth in right side or can be muscle spasm due to heavy bite. It can be confirmed by taking an xray( iopar). First of all please give rest to that side by not biting hard from that side, then do salt water gargle and take muscle relaxant and painkiller for 3 days.Also do hot massage with muscle relaxant on that side and see if it is reducing. Still after 3 days its not reducing we can take xray and see for any tooth fracture. Stay cool. Calm and happy mind can be best solution for any disease. Hope you have understood what I meant. Have a healthy day. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D