Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Regular fights, attraction for other woman and alcoholism. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1579 Questions
I get fight with my wife atleast once a week.
We have a family of me, my wife and a son of 2 yrs old. she is 3 yrs younger than me.
I am herself is working in it.
There is no issues to write at my home by still its fight.
what to do?
I drink when we fight.
But I don't behave this way to anyone else. I am a manager and manages 25 member team at office where in I am the best guy for past few years.
I love some one else truly. but its just love. no sex.
we have no issues in sex
Posted Thu, 5 Jul 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 7 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern but the likely culprit in your case from your side seems to be:
1)     Alcoholism
2)     Attraction towards other woman

First of all, you should try to distract your attention from the other woman. If she is your colleague then getting a transfer may help. Talk to your partner openly about any fears or apprehensions, eat nutritious healthy food,exercise regularly and cut down on alcohol.

Your will power is the best medicine for you. Stop taking any alcohol and spent maximum possible time with your wife and kid. Go for a vacation with them and then start the relationship afresh. Remember your son has not done any wrong and your relationship with your wife may effect his psyche. Spend maximum quality time with your wife and stop making any comparisons.

If there is no improvement in the scenario then both of you can have sessions with a marriage counselor or psychologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor