Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Proper treatment for froelich's syndrome?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I am looking for a Dr who can treat froelich syndrome for my 27 yr old son. He has been suffering with what appears to be the symptoms for this syndrome for many years. It was suggested by a health care professional to seek out an endroconogist for him. We live in northern Illinois, Dixon. About 2 hrs from Chicago and 45 mins for Rockford and 1-1/2 from XXXXXXX Wis. His weight issues I fear will wreck his life. He looses the weight under very strict diet and workout conditions. But is unable to keep it off. He has had sleep problems for many years and his body temp has been a problem as well, over heating.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 11 hours later
Thanks for writing in. Im not sure whether your son is having Froelich' s syndrome or not. If he is then I suggest you must see an endocrinologist even if it means discomfort for patient & guardian. It requires multispeciality care from experts in the field & I'm afraid teleconsultation wont help. I feel it would be unwise of me to try to solve the problem as significant as this by teleconsultation. The condition requires detailed evaluation & team care. So my sincere & humble plea to you to see an endocrinologist in Chicago.
Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Proper treatment for froelich's syndrome? 25 hours later
In Chicago sure covers a lot of territory. I imagine a professional organization such as this could give a bit more specific information as to how to find where the Dr has his practice and contact information. If it takes such a team effort what are your thoughts on Mayo Clinic? Isn't there one in Wis?
By the way thanks for the first answer
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 11 hours later
Thanks. Im not sure about Mayo clinic in Wis but Arizona, Florida have. Mayo will be a great option for your son. There is one more centre of Mayo which Im not getting right now. Just google Mayo and you will find contact details of all 3 centres. If you want to XXXXXXX someone working only on Froelich's you may hav to travel a lot. First find out which of the 3 centres of Mayo is closest & is travelling feasible there. After that if reqd other options can be explored
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Proper treatment for froelich's syndrome? 1 hour later
I did also requested information about either yourself, an edroconlogist or someone that you would recommend that would be capiable of handing with this problem that is in the Midwest or Chicago area. I am looking for contact information to get the process started. I was also wondering what the treatments for this syndrome would be.
I sincerely appreciate your help it has been a long and exhausting search with no results to speak of. My son is now an only child, we lost his sister in a car accident and I would really like to move forward and solve this problem. I feel desparate as a parent and my heart is hurting everyday! Please help give me some direction:(. Thank you... XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 6 hours later
You can either XXXXXXX any endocrinologist at university of illinios or university of chicago medical centre. I cant suggest any names in an online forum but i can advise you to XXXXXXX dr. S kukreja at univ of illinios, endocrine department. He will guide you further to different specialities
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Proper treatment for froelich's syndrome? 13 hours later
Do I need a referral to get an appointment set up and or what would be the procedure to do that?

Would you have the contact info or can you direct me to where can I find the office contact info for these two places?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 2 hours later
Referral not reqd as far my knowledge goes. You can book appointment online. Just google the names of these universities youll get all the information
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Endocrinologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor