Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

139 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Prescribed biospan, drotikind-80 and oflomac 200 for kidney pain. Any suggestion?

Answered by
Dr. Rajiv goel


Practicing since :1998

Answered : 577 Questions

Posted on Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Men's Health
Question: Hi This is XXXXXXX . My mother (age: 48). Last week she suffered with a kidney pain. Since she stayed in remote village, there wee no specialists and she contacted an RMP doctor. without diagnostics he has given the following medicines and he advised to take more water and not to eat sour food.
medicines he has given: Biospan, drotikind-80,Oflomac 200, mankind's placida
after taking the above medicine she is relieved from the pain. Now I want to take to the specialist.
Could you please suggest a specialist in Hyderabad and could you please also explain me what the above tablets do ?
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 36 minutes later

All the above mentioned medicines are there to prevent infection and control the pain.

Your mother probably had pain secondary to stone disease and she has been started on good medications. She now needs to get urine examination and ultrasound of the abdomen. Subsequently she should see urologist.

I do not have any personal reference of urologist practising at Hyderabad. A few urologists are listed on this website on this link "http://www XXXXXXX com/doctors/Urologists-in-Hyderabad/L0000S44". You may choose one nearest to your location. There are user written reviews which can guide you further.

Hope I answered your query. Let me know if you have other concerns.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on