Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Pain in hip area. Had problem with ligament tear. Done with lumbar X-ray. Bone problem or gastro?

Jun 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2219 Questions
I have aching continuously in the area above my right hip at the back. It gets worse in the evening but not necessarily after food. I have had this ache in this location for 3 weeks. Previously I had a problem with ligament tear in the sacro-illiac joints - first on the left side and then it seemed to shift across to the right side. I have had a lower lumbar X-ray which revealed "usual wear and tear". I have been diagnosed with osteoporosis in the spine and osteopenia in the hips. The ache is not in the hip joint. There is also some tenderness in the bottom rib on the right side. Could this be related to womb prolapse or is it a digestive tract problem (gallbladder)?

Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 18 minutes later
Hi there ~

It could be either due to a prolapsed uterus or a GI problem that you are having to go through this problem. I recommend that you take yourself and get a complete body scan done. They are usually available as packages and is usually covered by insurance. However, it sounds more like neuropathic pain to me and you should therefore see a neuropsychiatrist at the earliest. I hope this helps.

Take care and let know if you have more questions. Have a lovely day!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor