Pain in butt cheek after having rough sex. What medicine should I use to get relief?

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Constipation
Question: Hi Dr.,

I was taking a shower this morning and had pain on the entrance of my left butt cheek, not inside. I was having missionary sex with my fiance last night, we were a little rough, so I don't know if this created the problem. What OTC medication can I use? I thought maybe Preparation H. I used a mirror to look and it is the size of a dime, red, and appears bumpy, no bleeding, no itching, just pain. What can I use? I am currently not on any medication and the condoms my fiance uses I have already been exposed to without issue.

Thank you,

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 9 hours later
Hi

Thanks for writing in

From the information that you have provided ,Yes it seems you have had an acute fissure

Any local anesthetic ointment would help relieve pain, sitz bath would help

Avoid straining till it heals, may be a laxative could help

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubts
Wishing you a healthy life ahead