Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Overweight, exercise. What diet pan should be followed to reduce weigth?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 353 Questions
Hi, I am overweight my height is 5.7 and weight is 80 kg. For reducing weight I am going for jogging. But I want to to know my diet plans so that I can reduce weight in a effective way.

Posted Sun, 17 Jun 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 4 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic.
Jogging alone will not be sufficient. You need to perform other cardio exercises too along with weights to burn fats.
You weight needs to be around 64-68.5 kg; as per your height.
Following diet changes will be required for you.
Include fruits, juices/ corn flakes and milk for breakfast.
Include 2 tsp of flak seed powder to breakfast for healthy heart.
Instead of regular tea, take XXXXXXX tea which provides anti-oxidents as well as reduces weight.
Have a full breakfast. It charges the body and sugar levels are also maintained properly.
After breakfast, have lunch by 1 o clock with 2 roties,sabji, dal and buttermilk. Avoid sweets/ghee. You can have little amount of rice also.
By 4-5 o clock again you can have fruit/juice.
Then for dinner you need to be careful as once you go to bed, calories will not burn and will accumulate as fat.
So dinner shoud have 2 fulkas with sabji and buttermilk. Ideally it has to done by3 hrs before you go to bed. No rice or sweet.
In between you should not eat other things.
Avoid bakery items, products made of maida/ghee.
Keep minimum rice for lunch.
You can eat fish/chicken on alternate day instead of subji/dal.

Regular exercise along with proper diet will help you to reduce weight.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt I shall be happy to help you,

Best regards,
Dr. Neelam
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor