Old and out of shape. Heart rate races after strenuous exercise. Use a stationary bike?
Thanks for the query.
I must say that you are a little over weight for your height, try to lose around 55 pounds.
Try to do any cardio exercises including cycling, walking, cross trainer for 30 min. Along with weights which are not too heavy. The trick is to lift small weights many times.
Restrict calories to 2,400 calories per day. Keep in mind that each kilo of fat is around 1,200 calories so aim at 2 kilos a month. That means 24 kilos in a year.
Make sure while on cardio your heart rate does not exceed 140/min, Stop and take rest if it does so.
To come to your actual query, yes being over weight does make you go out of breath. Your heart must be fine as the XXXXXXX as proved so.
I hope i was of help. Please write back if you have any doubts.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Racing heart rate during exercise
- Heart rate normal 12 year olds after exercise
- Propranolol and exercise heart rate
- Does exercise affect heart rate
- Heart rate beta blocker exercise
- Why is my heart rate irregular after exercising
- Heart rate fast after little exercise
- Normal heart rate exercise 12year old
- Normal heart rate during exercise
- Concerta exercise heart rate
- Blood test showing abnormal WBCs, neutrophils, lymphocytes, alkaline...
- Sperm test found to have very severe oligoteratozoo with severe...
- Pain in back. Is cold the cause & what medication?
- Advised for gall bladder, hydrosil and prostrate gland enlargement...
- Dizziness, pressure in ears and noise while swallowing after child...
- Blurred vision, pain & dry eyes,flashing lights in eye, menopausal &...
- Old and out of shape. Heart rate races after strenuous exercise. Use a...
- My urine really stinks. Why would this happen?
- Pain in the head, pulsing sound in ears, back pain. Serious issue?
- Sore and achy around heart. Fluctuates throughout the day. Why would...