Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Noticed torus palatinus growing on palate. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
The "Torus Palatinus in the roof of my mouth" was the same size for years, however, in the last six months, it appears to be growing at an alarming rate and find that food is getting stuck under the TP. I don't have medical insurance due to unemployment but I need to see a doctor for evaluation. Which specialist would be right for my situation?
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome to healthcare magic!
Torus palatinus of stable size for years indicates it's benign nature.
Recent increase in the size at alarming rate is ominous. It can be simply a growth of the lump as such due to local irritation or it could have an infection due to locally stuck food particles and still one more dreaded possiblity is of any malignant change in the TP.
The best speciality doctor to attend it would be an Otorhinolaryngologist commonly known as ENT doctor. Choose an ENT doctor who has experience in tumors, if difficulty in finding one then you can consult a general surgeon or an head and neck surgeon to examine and evaluate your problem.
I hope you would get benefited with my advise.
Wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor