Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Noticed swelling on neck. Suggested for operation. Any medicinal cure available to dissolve this nodule?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1980
Answered : 1 Question
I noticed a small swelling on my left neck. A fine needle aspiration was done and it was found to be a benign nodule. MRI confirmed the size to be about 3 cms. This nodule does not give me any problem in breathing or swallowing. The surgeons recommened an operation. It was delayed because of my COPD and a physician advised me to leave it alone but keep a regular watch over the nodule by ultra sound. If it grows more than 4 Cms and giving problems, then we can think of surgery, He said. Kindly advise me whether any medicinal cure is available to dissolve this nodule.
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in. If FNAC report is suggestive of benign nodule then nothing much to worry. But regular followup is reqd to see if any increase in size occurs. There is no medicinal treatment to dissolve the same. Radio frequency treatment is possible to reduce the size but not available in India. So follow up is what is best course of action in your case.
Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor