Noticed increase in penis size after intercourse. Is this possible?

Dr. Srikanth Reddy

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 22 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Question: Hi Doctor,
Yesterday night i had intercouse with my wife using condom and it lasted for around 20 to 30 minutes.This is the first time we had for long time.Usually i will ejaculate within 10 or 15 mins at the XXXXXXX From today i am able to notice that my penis size has enlarged a bit.. Its length seems to be more. This is the first time i am seeing this in my life & i dont know whether this is to due to the yesterdays long intercouse time or some other reason? There is slight pain also but its not very severe. I just want to know whether this is normal and whether my penis size will be normal after few days. Please suggest

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 29 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern with us
Variation in the duration of intercourse time is very common and depends on the state of mind, amount of stimulation, fatigue and also if any medications are taken during the day. A variation of time from 10-15min to 20-30min is not significant and nothing to worry about.
Similarly enlarged size of penis is also quite normal. Size of penis various as the tissue is expandable and it becomes larger when there is some stimulation.
Regarding pain at the penis, the only concern one can have is if there is some bruise while having sex. In that case, pain will not subside and it will be a bit more severe. Otherwise, mild pain is not a cause of worry.
Your penis size will be surely be normal after a few hours/days.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be more than happy to help you if you need any further clarifications.
In case you don’t need any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you a good health!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
Follow up: Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your reply. But i am just curious to know why the size/length of my penis increased just today? I mean this is not the first time i am having sex with my wife.
Can you please clarify.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
As I mentioned earlier size of the penis is highly variable and changes depending on the stimulation and depending on the amount of blood it is holding in its spongy tissue. Through out the day it changes size and diameter. It is difficult to explain why did it increase today when you are having sex since so many years.
If it gets back to its normal size by tomorrow, which it likely will, you need not worry. However if it remains significantly enlarged tomorrow as well (along with pain) then you should get your penis examined by a surgeon. He would like to examine and do some radiological contrast tests to identify what is wrong with your penis.
Hope I am able to solve your concerns.
If you have any further query, I will be more than happy to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly and review if possible.
Wish you good health.