Not able to hear properly. Any ear drops to remove the wax from ear?

Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 26 Dec 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: Hi,

I am feeling that I am not able to hear properly from my right ear and feel as if my ear is chocked, I tried cleaning it gently with a ear bud but as the was kind of hard I was reluctant to forcefully clean it.

I want to know about any ear drop which can help cleaning up the wax completely from my ears.

Thanks,
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting the query

Impacted ear wax can cause blockage of the ear. You should never try to clean it by yourself, if you do so, you may damage the ear drum.

Best is to use wax solvents (such as waxol, cerumol, dewax), 3 drops 4-5 times a day for 3-4 days. After instilling the drops please consult your doctor for the safe and complete removal.

After using wax solvents the block might further worsen and there could be mild pain in the ear. Do not worry, this is normal and it is due to swelling of the wax after absorbing the wax solvents.

Hope I have answered your queries; I will be available for the follow-up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon