Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

137 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

My wife is suffering from a skin problem in most

Answered by
Owl Image
Dr. Kakkar S.


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 7663 Questions

My wife is suffering from a skin problem in most parts of her body, especially both her hands and back, since the last couple of weeks. The water in our house has become dirty of late, we are using cloth on all the taps in the bathroom to filter out the dirt. I advised her to use Neko bath soap but it has not helped.
Sat, 10 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pityriasis Rosea

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern and I have viewed the images.

Perhaps she has Pityriasis Rosea - manifests as round/oval, scaly patches on back, abdomen and arms.
It is a sort of hypersensitivity reaction to either viral infections, food allergens, certain medications etc.
I suggest her to use a moderately potent topical steroid e.g mometasone furoate 0.1 %cream, twice daily.
In addition to this she may take an oral antihistamine e.g Cetrizine 10mg tab once every evening for symptomatic relief from itching.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on